Rice cooker is such a useful and convenient piece of appliance to have in a kitchen that more and more people are ordering it to make their kitchen tasks easier. It cooks the best rice! You do not need any expertise, you do not need to measure the water, and you do not need to keep rushing to the kitchen to check the texture of the grains to avoid overcooking or undercooking. With conventional pots, it requires much expertise and supervision to get a perfect rice dish to the table. Even if you are a good cook, there are chances you can make the rice undercooked or overcooked. Buy a rice cooker to eliminate these chances and get a perfect rice dish every time even when your kids cook it! Yes it is that simple!
Here are the steps you need to follow to cook white rice in a rice cooker for two to three people:
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- You need to transfer 1 cup rice to a large bowl to wash it. It’s generally a good idea to wash it twice and drain all the water completely. Do not scrub the grains too hard or the rice will lose its nutrients. Remember to use cold water to wash the rice grains.
- Transfer rice to the rice cooker.
- Add water to the rice cooker. The amount of water depends on your personal preference and the rice quality but the generally, a 1:1 ratio works fine. This means if you have 1 cup rice, take 1 cup water. If you have 2 cups rice, take two cups water and similarly adjust the amount for greater amounts.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and select the setting for white rice. Your rice cooker will take over your job from here. With the best rice cooker , you do not need to supervise the cooking process as there is no risk of overcooking or undercooking. You can utilize this time to do something else. Maybe read a good book.
- When your rice is ready, a light or an alarm will appear on your cooker to indicate completion. It is probably a good idea to leave the rice inside the cooker for another 5 to 10 minutes without opening the lid.
- If you are not ready to serve the rice, you can select the ‘keep warm’ setting on your rice cooker. This will keep your rice fresh and at a specific temperature until you are ready to serve.
- When you are ready to serve, turn the rice cooker off. Open the lid.
- Before taking the rice out in your serving dish, use a rice spatula to flip the rice very gently. This will separate the grains. Now take it out in the serving dish with the same spatula taking care not to break the grains.
- Your dish is ready to be served. You can garnish with mint leaves or coriander leaves.